Mandira Bedi is the daughter of Verinder Singh, a former corporate employee, and Gita Bedi. Born in Calcutta, she did her schooling at Cathedral and John Connon School, Bombay. She did her graduation from St. Xavier’s College and her post-graduation from Sophia Polytechnic College, Bombay. She has an elder brother who works as a bank investor.
Bedi married Raj Kaushal on 14 February 1999. Mandira got pregnant in 2011 and the couple welcomed a baby boy they named Vir Bedi. On 28 July 2020, they adopted a five-year-old and named her Tara Bedi Kaushal.
Raj Kaushal sadly passed away on 30 June 2021.
Bedi started modeling at the young age of 21 when she was in college. She auditioned for several TV shows in 1994. She did her debut in Doordarshan’s Shanti serial.
Mandira Bedi has acted in her husband’s films like Shaadi Ka Ladoo and Dus Kahaniyaa. Bedi is a versatile actress and likes doing a variety of roles but prefers glamourized drama. She would love to do more roles of a villain like the one in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi but has been told she doesn’t have a face for it. She has starred in Fame Gurukool and is the anchor of World Cup Cricket 2007, a sitcom Papa Ban Gaya Hero, and more.
Mandira is passionate about cricket and was elated to appear in Sony Televisions ‘Extra Innings’. She enhanced the cricket-obsessed viewers all around the world with her silky and glamorous saree looks during the show.
Satya Paul designed the cricket-themed sarees, which included the one with the cricketer’s signature on it and the one with little Indian flags on it.
In 2019, Mandira appeared in The Tashkent Files and Adangathey (Tamil).
Life After Husband’s Death
Mandira Bedi was last seen hosting her show The Love Laugh Live Show. Then in June 2021, she lost her husband due to cardiac arrest. She often remembers her late husband and pens down emotional notes for him on her social media. She mentioned in an interview that her children are her greatest motivation to keep going. “Everything I do, I do for them,” Mandira said.
Interesting facts about Mandira Bedi
- She used to work in marketing.
- She’s a producer and got her first credit after producing several episodes of Akkad Bakkad Rafu Chakkar.
- She’s a brand ambassador. Thanks to Bedi’s social media following of more than a million she has got many opportunities.
- She’s a positive person.
- Mandira Bedi is a big foodie. She thinks that food can bring people together and loves to try new dishes.
- She loves cricket. Bedi has shown her love for the sport many times in the past and has also hosted the Cricket World Cup.
- She’s an entrepreneur. Mandira runs her line of sarees which she has designed herself.
Also read: NELSON MANDELA: A LEGEND