Connect with us

Business

Jeff Bezos | Success Story of the Founder of Amazon

Published

on

Jeff Bezos is an American entrepreneur, computer engineer, commercial astronaut, and media proprietor born on 12 January 1964 in Alburquerque, New Mexico. His company, Amazon is one of the most influential ones in the world. Jeff is the second wealthiest person in the world, with a net worth of $146 billion. He was the richest from 2017 to 2021, according to Bloomberg’s Billionaires Index and Forbes.

Early Life

Jeff Bezos was born on 12 January 1964 in Alburquerque, New Mexico, to Theodore and Jacklyn Jorgensen. In 1968, his parents divorced, and Jacklyn married a Cuban migrant, Mike Bezos. After the marriage, Mike adopted four-year-old Jeff, and his surname was legally changed from Jorgensen to Bezos. 

Jeff went to Montessori School in Albuquerque, New Mexico, at age two. After he completed elementary school, his family moved to Miami, Florida, and he completed his high school graduation from Miami Palmetto High School. 

Jeff Bezos then attended Student Science Training Program at the University of Florida. He graduated with a degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from the prestigious Princeton University.

Finding Amazon

Amazon’s Logo

Jeff Bezos got the idea of Amazon on a road trip from New York to Seattle. He founded Amazon in the garage of his house in 1994. He chose Seattle to open Amazon as it had an abundance of technology. In May 1997, Amazon officially went public. The company was initially a marketplace for books, but in 1998, it began selling home improvement stuff, video games, consumer electronics, and toys. 

The company launched Amazon Web Services (AWS) in 2002. It provided data on website popularity and internet traffic patterns for marketers and developers.

On 2 February 2021, it was announced that Jeff Bezos would step down as the CEO of Amazon. Andy Jassy, the CEO of AWS, became CEO of Amazon. Jeff now serves as Executive Chairman of Amazon’s board.

Amazon’s Success

Amazon’s name comes from one of the few trillion-dollar companies worldwide. In 2020, the company made it into the trillion-dollar club after a massive earning report. Some other names in this list include Apple, Google, Tesla, Alphabet, and Microsoft.

In September 2021, the company launched Astro, its first household robot powered by its innovative home technology, Alexa. Even when you are not home, Astro can be used to check on pets, people, or home security. If it senses something unusual, it immediately sends the owners a notification.

The company also distributes high-quality entertainment through its streaming service, Amazon Prime Video, music through Amazon Music, and audiobooks through Audible.

Jeff Bezos’ Personal Life

In 1992, when Jeff Bezos was working for D.E. Shaw in Manhattan, he met MacKenzie Tuttle, a novelist. They started dating and got married the year after.

In 1994, the couple moved to Seattle, Washington, where Jeff started Amazon. Jeff and MacKenzie have four kids together. In 2019, they announced their divorce via Twitter. On 4 April 2019, the divorce was final, with Jeff keeping 75% of Amazon’s stock and MacKenzie getting the remaining 25%.

They are now co-parents to four children, three sons and one daughter adopted from China.

How old is Jeff Bezos?

Jeff Bezos is 58 years old.

What is Jeff Bezos' net worth?

Jeff Bezos’ net worth is $140 billion.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2021 Failure Before Success DMCA.com Protection Status